[gpfsug-discuss] Dual server NSDs

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Wed Apr 4 19:56:56 BST 2018

Short answer is that if you want to change/remove the NSD server config on an NSD and its part of a file systems, you need to remove it from the file system or unmount the file system. *Thankfully* this is changed in Scale 5.0.

In your case (host name change) – if the IP address of the NSD server stays the same you *may* be OK. Can you put a DNS alias in for the old host name? Well, now that I think about it the old host name will stick around in the config – so maybe not such a great idea.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance