[gpfsug-discuss] ZIMON Sensors config files...

Markus Rohwedder rohwedder at de.ibm.com
Tue Sep 19 08:42:46 BST 2017

Hello Neil,

While the description below provides a way on how to edit the hostname
parameter, you should not have the need to edit the "hostname" parameter.
Sensors use the hostname() call to get the hostname where the sensor is
running and use this as key in the performance database, which is what you
typically want to see.

From the description you provide I assume you want to have a sensor running
on every node that has the perfmon designation?
There could be different issues:
> In order to enable sensors on every node, you need to ensure there is no
"restrict" clause in the sensor description, or the restrict clause has to
be set correctly
> There could be some other communication issue between sensors and
collectors.
   Restart sensors and collectors and check the  logfiles
in /var/log/zimon/. You should be able to see which sensors start up and if
they can connect.
> Can you check if you have the perfmon designation set for the nodes where
you expect data from (mmlscluster)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Markus Rohwedder

Spectrum Scale GUI Development

 Phone:            +49 7034 6430190      IBM Deutschland

 E-Mail:           rohwedder at de.ibm.com  Am Weiher 24

                                         65451 Kelsterbach

                                         Germany

 IBM Deutschland
 Research &
 Development
 GmbH /
 Vorsitzender des
 Aufsichtsrats:
 Martina Köderitz
 Geschäftsführung:
 Dirk Wittkopp
 Sitz der
 Gesellschaft:
 Böblingen /
 Registergericht:
 Amtsgericht
 Stuttgart, HRB
 243294

From:	"IBM Spectrum Scale" <scale at us.ibm.com>
To:	gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Cc:	gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org
Date:	09/19/2017 08:48 AM
Subject:	Re: [gpfsug-discuss] ZIMON Sensors config files...
Sent by:	gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi Neil,

Have you tried these steps?

mmperfmon config show --config-file /tmp/a
vi /tmp/a
mmperfmon config update --collectors oc8757286465 --config-file /tmp/a
mmperfmon config show

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479
.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.

Inactive hide details for "Wilson, Neil" ---09/15/2017 06:48:26 PM---Hi,
Does anyone know how to use "mmperfmon config update" "Wilson, Neil"
---09/15/2017 06:48:26 PM---Hi, Does anyone know how to use "mmperfmon
config update" to get the "hostname =" field in the ZImon

From: "Wilson, Neil" <neil.wilson at metoffice.gov.uk>
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date: 09/15/2017 06:48 PM
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] ZIMON Sensors config files...
Sent by: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi,

Does anyone know how to use “mmperfmon config update” to get the “hostname
=” field in the ZImonSensors.cfg file populated with the hostname of the
node that it’s been installed on?
By default the field is empty and for some reason on our cluster it doesn’t
transmit any metrics unless we put the node hostname into that field.
Is there some kind of wildcard that I can set?

Thanks
Neil

Neil Wilson Senior IT Practitioner
Storage Team IT Services
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 885959
Email: neil.wilson at metoffice.gov.uk Website www.metoffice.gov.uk
Our magazine Barometer is now available online at
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/barometer/
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.