[gpfsug-discuss] Snapshots / previous versions issues in Windows10 1709

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 14:20:27 GMT 2017

Thanks Christof, will do.

Richard

From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Christof Schmitt
Sent: 30 October 2017 20:25
To: gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org
Cc: gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Snapshots / previous versions issues in Windows10 1709

Richard,

in a quick test with Windows 10 Pro 1709 connecting to gpfs.smb 4.5.10_gpfs_21 i do not see the problem from the screenshot. All files reported in "Previous Versions" have a date associated.

For debugging the problem on your system, i would suggest to enable traces and recreate the problem. Replace the x.x.x.x with the IP address of the Windows 10 client:

mmprotocoltrace start network -c x.x.x.x
mmprotocoltrace start smb -c x.x.x.x
(open the "Previous Versions" dialog)
mmprotocoltrace stop smb
mmprotocoltrace stop network

The best way to track the analysis would be through a PMR.

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)