[gpfsug-discuss] slow startup of AFM flush to home

Billich Heinrich Rainer (PSI) heiner.billich at psi.ch
Mon Oct 16 14:36:09 BST 2017

Hello Scott,

Thank you. I did set afmFlushThreadDelay = 1 and did get a much faster startup. Setting to 0 didn’t improve further. I’m not sure how much we’ll need this in production when most of the time the queue is full. But for benchmarking during setup it’s helps a lot. (we run 4.2.3-4 on RHEL7)

Kind regards,

Heiner

Scott Fadden did write:

When an AFM gateway is flushing data to the target (home) it starts flushing with a few threads (Don't remember the number) and ramps up to afmNumFlushThreads. How quickly this ramp up occurs is controlled by afmFlushThreadDealy. The default is 5 seconds. So flushing only adds threads once every 5 seconds.
This was an experimental parameter so your milage may vary.

Scott Fadden
Spectrum Scale - Technical Marketing
Phone: (503) 880-5833
sfadden at us.ibm.com