[gpfsug-discuss] Specifying nodes in commands

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 13 17:44:23 GMT 2017

My guess is you have some expectation of how things "ought to be" that
does not match how things actually are.
If you haven't already done so, put some diagnostics into your script,
such as

env
hostname
echo "my args are: $*"

And run

mmapplypolicy with an explicit node list:

   mmapplypolicy /some/small-set-of-files  -P /mypolicyfile -N
node1,node2,node3   -I test -L 1 -d 1

And see how things go

Hmmm... reading your post again... It seems perhaps you've got some things
out of order or again, incorrect expectations or model of how the this
world works...

mmapplypolicy reads your policy rules and scans the files and calls the
script(s) you've named in the EXEC options of your EXTERNAL rules

The scripts are expected to process file lists -- NOT call mmapplypolicy
again...

Refer to examples in the documentation, and in samples/ilm  - and try
them!

--marc