[gpfsug-discuss] mmauth/mmremotecluster wonkyness?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Nov 30 16:27:39 GMT 2017

We have a 10-node cluster running gpfs 4.2.2.3, where 8 nodes are GPFS contact
nodes for 2 filesystems, and 2 are protocol nodes doingNFS exports of the
filesystems.

But we see some nodes in remote clusters trying to GPFS connect to
the 2 protocol nodes anyhow.

My reading of the manpages is that the remote cluster is responsible
for setting '-n contactNodes' when they do the 'mmremotecluster add',
and there's no way to sanity check or enforce that at the local end, and
fail/flag connections to unintended non-contact nodes if the remote
admin forgets/botches the -n.

Is that actually correct?  If so, is it time for an RFE?