[gpfsug-discuss] Backing up GPFS config

Skylar Thompson skylar2 at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:41:50 GMT 2017

I can't remember if I replied to that post or a different one, but these
are the commands we capture output for before running mmbackup:

mmlsconfig
mmlsnsd
mmlscluster
mmlscluster --cnfs
mmlscluster --ces
mmlsnode
mmlsdisk ${FS_NAME} -L
mmlspool ${FS_NAME} all -L
mmlslicense -L
mmlspolicy ${FS_NAME} -L
mmbackupconfig ${FS_NAME}

All the commands but mmbackupconfig produce human-readable output, while
mmbackupconfig produces machine-readable output suitable for recovering the
filesystem in a disaster.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:16:44AM +0000, Sobey, Richard A wrote:
> All,
>
> A few months ago someone posted to the list all the commands they run to back up their GPFS configuration. Including mmlsfileset -L, the output of mmlsconfig etc, so that in the event of a proper "crap your pants" moment you can not only restore your data, but also your whole configuration.
>
> I cannot seem to find this post... does the OP remember and could kindly forward it on to me, or the list again?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

-- Skylar Thompson (skylar2 at u.washington.edu)
-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354