[gpfsug-discuss] Specifying nodes in commands

Chase, Peter peter.chase at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Nov 13 11:14:56 GMT 2017

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your response, there's some handy advice in there that I'll look at further.

I'm still struggling a bit with mmapplypolicy and it's -N option.
I've changed my external list command to point at a script, that script looks for "LIST" as the first argument, and runs "/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmapplypolicy /gpfs1/aws -d 1 -N cloudNode -P /gpfs1/s3upload/policies/migration.policy >>/gpfs1/s3upload/external-list.log 2>&1".

If the script is run from the command line on a node that's not in cloudNode class it works without issue and uses nodes in the cloudNode class as helpers, but if the script is called from the active policy, mmapplypolicy runs, but seems to ignore the -N and doesn't use the cloudNode nodes as helpers and instead seems to run locally (from which ever node started the active policy).

So now my questions is: why does the -N option appear to be honoured when run from the command line, but not appear to be honoured when triggered by the active policy?

Regards,

Peter Chase
GPCS Team
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 886921
Email: peter.chase at metoffice.gov.uk Website: www.metoffice.gov.uk