[gpfsug-discuss] Specifying nodes in commands

Chase, Peter peter.chase at metoffice.gov.uk
Fri Nov 10 16:18:36 GMT 2017

Hello all,

I'm running a script triggered from an ILM external list rule.

The script has the following command in, and it isn't work as I'd expect:
/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmapplypolicy /gpfs1/aws -N cloudNode -P /gpfs1/s3upload/policies/migration.policy --scope fileset

I'd expect the mmapplypolicy command to run the policy on all the nodes in the cloudNode class, but it doesn't, it runs on the node that triggered the script.

However, the following command does work as I'd expect:
/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmdsh -N cloudNode /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmapplypolicy /gpfs1/aws -P /gpfs1/s3upload/policies/migration.policy --scope fileset

Can any one shed any light on this? Have I just misconstrued how mmapplypolicy works?

Regards,

Peter Chase
GPCS Team
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 886921
Email: peter.chase at metoffice.gov.uk Website: www.metoffice.gov.uk