[gpfsug-discuss] Default placement/External Pool

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Wed Nov 8 16:02:04 GMT 2017

Hi Peter

mmapplypolicy has a "-N" parameter that should restrict it to a subset of nodes or node class if you define that.

-N {all | mount | Node[,Node...] | NodeFile | NodeClass}
         Specifies the list of nodes that will run parallel
         instances of policy code in the GPFS home cluster. This
         command supports all defined node classes. The default
         is to run on the node where the mmapplypolicy
         command is running or the current value of the
         defaultHelperNodes parameter of the
         mmchconfig command.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance