[gpfsug-discuss] Callbacks / softQuotaExceeded

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 6 19:51:40 GMT 2017

Simon,

Based on my reading of the code, when a softQuotaExceeded event callback
is invoked with %quotaType having the value "FILESET", the following
arguments correspond with each other for filesetLimitExceeded and
softQuotaExceeded:

- filesetLimitExceeded %inodeUsage  and softQuotaExceeded  %filesUsage
- filesetLimitExceeded %inodeQuota  and softQuotaExceeded  %filesQuota
- filesetLimitExceeded %inodeLimit  and softQuotaExceeded  %filesLimit
- filesetLimitExceeded %filesetSize and softQuotaExceeded  %blockUsage
- filesetLimitExceeded %softLimit   and softQuotaExceeded  %blockQuota
- filesetLimitExceeded %hardLimit   and softQuotaExceeded  %blockLimit

So, terms have changed to make them a little friendlier and to generalize
them.  An inode is a file.  Limits related to inodes and to blocks are
being reported.

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team
Eric Agar

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479
.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.