[gpfsug-discuss] Performance of GPFS when filesystem is almost full

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Mon Nov 6 12:25:43 GMT 2017

Hi Carl

I don’t have any direct metrics, but we frequently run our file systems above the 80% level, run split data and metadata.I haven’t experienced any GPFS performance issues that I can attribute to high utilization. I know the documentation talks about this, and the lower values of blocks and sub-blocks will make the file system work harder, but so far I haven’t seen any issues.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance