[gpfsug-discuss] Combine different rules

david_johnson at brown.edu david_johnson at brown.edu
Wed Nov 1 12:21:05 GMT 2017

Filesets and storage pools are for the most part orthogonal concepts.  You would sort your users and apply quotas with filesets. You would use storage pools underneath filesets and the filesystem to migrate between faster and slower media. Migration between storage pools is done well by the policy engine with mmapplypolicy.  Moving between filesets is entirely up to you, but the path names will change. Migration within a filesystem using storage pools preserves path names.

  -- ddj
Dave Johnson