[gpfsug-discuss] What is an independent fileset? was: mmbackup with fileset : scope errors

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 18 15:32:42 BST 2017

Thanks, I was just about to post that, and I guess is still the reason a dependent fileset is still the default without the –inode-space new option fileset creation.

I do wonder why there is a limit of 1000, whether it’s just IBM not envisaging any customer needing more than that? We’ve only got 414 at the moment but that will grow to over 500 this year.

Richard