[gpfsug-discuss] AFM Prefetch Missing Files

Peter Childs p.childs at qmul.ac.uk
Thu May 18 10:08:20 BST 2017

Further investigation and checking says 4.2.1 afmctl prefetch is missing
empty directories (not files as said previously) and noted by the update
in 4.2.2.3. However I've found it is also missing symlinks both dangling
(pointing to files that don't exist) and not.

I can't see any actual data loss which is good.

I'm looking to work around this with

find /data2/$fileset -noleaf \( \( -type d -empty \) -o \( -type l \) \)
-printf "%p -> %l\n"

My initial testing says this should work. (/data2/$fileset is the
destination "cache" fileset)

It looks like this should catch everything, But I'm wondering if anyone
else has noticed any other things afmctl prefetch misses.

Thanks in advance

Peter Childs