[gpfsug-discuss] "mmhealth cluster show" returns error

David D. Johnson david_johnson at brown.edu
Thu May 11 13:05:14 BST 2017

I’ve also been exploring the mmhealth and gpfsgui for the first time this week.
I have a test cluster where I’m trying the new stuff.  Running 4.2.2-2

mmhealth cluster show says everyone is in nominal status:
Component           Total         Failed       Degraded        Healthy          Other
NODE                   12              0              0             12              0
GPFS                   12              0              0             12              0
NETWORK                12              0              0             12              0
FILESYSTEM              0              0              0              0              0
DISK                    0              0              0              0              0
GUI                     1              0              0              1              0
PERFMON                12              0              0             12              0

However on the GUI there is conflicting information:
1) Home page shows 3/8 NSD Servers unhealthy
2) Home page shows 3/21 Nodes unhealthy
 — where is it getting this notion?
 — there are only 12 nodes in the whole cluster!
3) clicking on either NSD Servers or Nodes leads to the monitoring page
where the top half spins forever, bottom half is content-free.

I may have installed the pmsensors RPM on a couple of other nodes back in early April,
but have forgotten which ones.  They are in the production cluster.

Also, the storage in this sandbox cluster has not been turned into a filesystem yet.
There are a few dozen free NSDs.  Perhaps the “FILESYSTEM CHECKING” status is somehow
wedging up the GUI?

Node name:      storage005.oscar.ccv.brown.edu
Node status:    HEALTHY
Status Change:  15 hours ago

Component      Status        Status Change     Reasons
GPFS           HEALTHY       16 hours ago      -
NETWORK        HEALTHY       16 hours ago      -
FILESYSTEM     CHECKING      16 hours ago      -
GUI            HEALTHY       15 hours ago      -
PERFMON        HEALTHY       16 hours ago

I’ve tried restarting the GUI service and also rebooted the GUI server, but it comes back looking the same.

Any thoughts?