[gpfsug-discuss] HAWC question

Simon Thompson (IT Research Support) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Thu May 4 14:15:40 BST 2017

Hi,

I have a question about HAWC, we are trying to enable this for our
OpenStack environment, system pool is on SSD already, so we try to change
the log file size with:

mmchfs FSNAME -L 128M

This says:

mmchfs: Attention: You must restart the GPFS daemons before the new log
file
size takes effect. The GPFS daemons can be restarted one node at a time.
When the GPFS daemon is restarted on the last node in the cluster, the new
log size becomes effective.

We multi-cluster the file-system, so do we have to restart every node in
all clusters, or just in the storage cluster?

And how do we tell once it has become active?

Thanks

Simon