[gpfsug-discuss] AFM vs mmremotefs

Glen Corneau gcorneau at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 30 17:42:38 BST 2017

Just a extra note: Multi-cluster (mmremotefs) does not always mean
"network" for file system data transfer.  If both cluster(s) see the
storage over the SAN then the data happens over that path.  This is common
in a localized scenario for authorization reasons (i.e. nodes 1,2,3 can
access file systems A & B, but not C; but nodes 4,5,6 in a separate
cluster can access all 3 file systems)

Glen Corneau
Power Systems
Washington Systems Center