[gpfsug-discuss] UK User Group Registration NOW OPEN! [May 9th / 10th 2017]

Spectrum Scale UG Chair (Simon Thompson) chair at spectrumscale.org
Mon Mar 27 08:55:04 BST 2017

Registration for the UK Spectrum Scale (GPFS) user group (May 9th/10th)
has opened this morning.

Registration is via EventBrite at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spectrum-scalegpfs-user-group-spring-2017-regi
stration-32113696932

This year we have moved to a larger capacity venue (Manchester Metropole
Hotel), with thanks to IBM for sponsoring and supporting the event.

We would also like to thank our other sponsors ArcaStream, DDN Storage,
Ellexus, Mellanox, OCF and Seagate for supporting the event. Their
sponsorship goes to help ensure the event remains free for the community
and supports the evening social event as well as providing them with a
technical (non sales) slot on the agenda. This year, the evening social
event will be taking place at Manchester Museum of Science and Industry,
and we're very grateful that are sponsors are able to support us to ensure
this happens.

The agenda is still a work in progress and may be subject to change as we
confirm speakers and timings. As usual, we have reserved some slots on the
agenda for user speakers, so if you have an interesting use case of
Spectrum Scale, please let me know. As sectors we don't really get to hear
from, it would be great if one of the members from the finance or sport
industry were able to speak!

Of course the event isn't limited to people from the UK, and we welcome
registrants from across the world!

Please note that to ensure attendance from a wide range of organisations,
we are currently limiting attendance to 3 people per organisation.

The venue is situated just a few minutes walk from Manchester Piccadilly
station in Central Manchester with many hotels near by. The venue also has
a limited number of special rate rooms, details of how you can book direct
with the hotel are on the registration page.

Thanks

Simon
UK Group Chair