[gpfsug-discuss] CES node slow to respond

Matt Weil mweil at wustl.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:42:35 GMT 2017

All,

We had an indecent yesterday where one of our CES nodes slowed to a
crawl.  GPFS waiters showed pre fetch threads going after inodes.
iohist also showed lots of inode fetching.  Then we noticed that the CES
host had 5.4 million files open.

The change I made was to set maxStatCache=DEFAULT because it is linux.
And set maxFilesToCache=10000000 it was set to 500000.  Then restarted GPFS.

Is there something else we should change as well.

Thanks

Matt