[gpfsug-discuss] Issues getting SMB shares working.

Aidan Richmond a.g.richmond at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 12:07:28 GMT 2017

Hello

I'm a little hesitant to mess with the authentication as I we are
wanting consistent UIDs across our systems and I know my predecessor
struggled to get them consistent. Our AD environment stores the UID and
GID settings in msSFU30uid and msSFU30gid.

I'm also concerned that the system is already in use with nfsv4 access
and don't want to break existing access unless I have to.

--
Aidan Richmond
Apple/Unix Support Officer, IT

Tel:0113 3434252