[gpfsug-discuss] Issues getting SMB shares working.

Aidan Richmond a.g.richmond at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 11:19:17 GMT 2017

Hello

I've recently taken over managing a GPFS installation providing storage
to a research facility at Leeds University.

The system was setup by a colleague who recently left and before he left
he configured NFSV4 access which services an important subset, but not
all the users who require access to the storage. SMB access was part of
the deployment plan, but he didn't have time to get that working.

I've been attempting to get an SMB share up and running myself and have
enabled the SMB service with "mmces service enable SMB", have added a
share with "mmsmb export add share /path/to/folder" and "mmsmb export
list" seems to show everything is okay. However attempts to access the
share through the floating protocol addresses fail and I have no idea
how to diagnose the issue.

Any advice/help would be welcome.

--
Aidan Richmond