[gpfsug-discuss] Replication settings when running mmapplypolicy

Stephen Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Fri Jun 23 18:55:15 BST 2017

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Marc A Kaplan <makaplan at us.ibm.com <mailto:makaplan at us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
> I believe that is correct.  If not, let us know!
>
> To recap...  when running mmapplypolicy with rules like:
>
> ... MIGRATE ... REPLICATE(x) ...
>
> will change the replication factor to x, for each file selected by this rule and chosen for execution.
>
> ... MIGRATE ...  /* no REPLICATE keyword */
>
> will not mess with the replication factor

I think I detect an impedance mismatch...

By "not mess with the replication factor" do you mean that after the move:
the file will have the default replication factor for the file system
the file will retain a replication factor previously set on the file

You told Kevin that he was correct and I think he meant the first one, but I read what you said as the second one.

Liberty,

--
Stephen