[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs waiters debugging

Frederick Stock stockf at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 6 13:57:00 BST 2017

Realize that generally any waiter under 1 second should be ignored.  In an
active GPFS system there are always waiters and the greater the use of the
system likely the more waiters you will see.  The point is waiters
themselves are not an indication your system is having problems.

As for creating them any steady level of activity against the file system
should cause waiters to appear, though most should be of a short duration.

Fred
Fred Stock | IBM Pittsburgh Lab | 720-430-8821
stockf at us.ibm.com