[gpfsug-discuss] Lost disks

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 19:26:45 BST 2017

On 27/07/17 16:51, Uwe Falke wrote:

[SNIP]

> SCNR: It is always possible to make things worse.
> However, of course, if the efforts to do research on that system appear
> too expensive compared to the possible gain, then it is wise to give up
> and restore data from backup to a new file system.

Explain to me when IBM have washed their hands of the situation; that is
they deem the file system unrecoverable and will take no further action
to help the customer, how under these circumstances it is possible for
it to get any worse attempting to recover the situation yourself?

The answer is you can't so and are talking complete codswallop.

In general you are right, in this situation you are utterly and totally
wrong.

JAB.

HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.