[gpfsug-discuss] Bad performance with GPFS system monitoring (mmsysmon) in GPFS 4.2.1.1

FC farid.chabane at ymail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:00:54 GMT 2017

Hi all,
We are facing performance issues with some of our applications due to the GPFS system monitoring (mmsysmon) on CentOS 7.2.
Bad performances (increase of iteration time) are seen every 30s exactly as the occurence frequency of mmsysmon ; the default monitor interval set to 30s in /var/mmfs/mmsysmon/mmsysmonitor.conf

Shutting down GPFS with mmshutdown doesnt stop this process, we stopped it with the command mmsysmoncontrol and we get a stable iteration time.

What are the impacts of disabling this process except losing access to mmhealth commands ?
Do you have an idea of a proper way to disable it for good without doing it in rc.local or increasing the monitoring interval in the configuration file ?
Thanks,
Farid