[gpfsug-discuss] CES nodes Hyper threads or no

Matt Weil mweil at wustl.edu
Tue Jan 10 17:59:52 GMT 2017

All,

I typically turn Hyper threading off on storage nodes.  So I did on our
CES nodes as well.  Now they are running at a load of over 100 and have
25% cpu idle.  With two 8 cores I am now wondering if hyper threading
would help or did we just under size them :-(.

These are nfs v3 servers only with lroc enabled.

Load average: 156.13 160.40 158.97

any opinions on if it would help.

Thanks
Matt