[gpfsug-discuss] AFM Migration Issue

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Tue Jan 10 08:44:19 GMT 2017

AFM cannot keep directory mtime in sync. Directory mtime changes during
readdir when files are created inside it after initial lookup. This is a
known limitation today.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)

From:   <Paul.Tomlinson at awe.co.uk>
To:     <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   01/09/2017 09:30 PM
Subject:        Re: [gpfsug-discuss] AFM Migration Issue
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi,

We have already come across the issues you have seen below, and worked
around them.

If you run the pre-fetch with just the --meta-data-only, then all the date
stamps are correct for the dirs., as soon as you run --list-only all the
directory times change to now.

We have tried rsync but this did not appear to work.