[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale (GPFS) FAQ - Maximum number of remote clusters accessing a given cluster

Tomer Perry TOMP at il.ibm.com
Tue Feb 28 17:08:29 GMT 2017

Hans-Joachim,

Since I'm the one that gave this answer...I'll work on adding it to the
FAQ.

But, in general:
1. The maximum number of "outbound clusters" - meaning "how many clusters
can a client join - is limited to 31 ( 32 including the local cluster)
2. The maximum number or "inbound cluster" - meaning "how many clusters
can join my cluster) - is not really limited. Thus, since the smallest
cluster possible is a single node cluster, it means that 16383 nodes can
join my cluster ( 16384 - 1).

Regards,

Tomer Perry
Scalable I/O Development (Spectrum Scale)
email: tomp at il.ibm.com
1 Azrieli Center, Tel Aviv 67021, Israel
Global Tel:    +1 720 3422758
Israel Tel:      +972 3 9188625
Mobile:         +972 52 2554625