[gpfsug-discuss] Policy questions

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 27 16:00:24 GMT 2017

I think you have the sign wrong on your weight.
A simple way of ordering the files oldest first is

WEIGHT(DAYS(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) - DAYS(ACCESS_TIME))     adding 100,000
does nothing to change the order.

WEIGHT can be any numeric SQL expression. So come to think of it

WEIGHT( - DAYS(ACCESS_TIME) )  is even simpler and will yield the same
ordering

Also, you must run or schedule the mmapplypolicy command to run to
actually do the migration.  It doesn't happen until the mmapplypolicy
command is running.

You can run mmapplypolicy periodically (e.g. with crontab)  or on demand
with mmaddcallback (GPFS events facility)

This is all covered in the very fine official Spectrum Scale documentation
and/or some of the supplemental IBM red books, all available for free
downloads from ibm.com

--marc of GPFS