[gpfsug-discuss] Fw: mmbackup examples using policy

J. Eric Wonderley eric.wonderley at vt.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:17:40 GMT 2017

Hi Steven:

Yes that is more or less what we want to do.  We have tivoli here for
backup so I'm somewhat familiar with inclexcl files.  The filesystem I want
to backup is a shared home.

Right now I do have a policy...mmlspolicy home -L does return a policy.  So
if I did not want to backup core and cache files I could create a backup
policy using /var/mmfs/mmbackup/.mmbackupRules.home and place in it?:
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../core"
EXCLUDE "/igpfs/home/.../.opera/cache4"
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../.netscape/cache/.../*"
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../.mozilla/default/.../Cache"
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../.mozilla/.../Cache/*"
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../.mozilla/.../Cache"
EXCLUDE "/gpfs/home/.../.cache/mozilla/*"
EXCLUDE.DIR "/gpfs/home/.../.mozilla/firefox/.../Cache"

I did a test run of mmbackup and I noticed I got a template put in that
location:
[root at cl002 ~]# ll -al /var/mmfs/mmbackup/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 15 07:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Jan  4 10:42 ..
-r--------  1 root root 1177 Feb 15 07:43 .mmbackupRules.home

So I can copy this off into /var/mmfs/etc for example and to use next time
with my edits.

What is normally used to schedule the mmbackup?   Cronjob?   dsmcad?

Thanks much.