[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 5.0 now available on Fix Central

Steve Duersch duersch at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 19 13:18:08 GMT 2017

As Mike Taylor pointed out in a previous post this was an incorrect
statement.
You can be at 4.2.x (ie 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, or 4.2.3) and still do a
rolling upgrade.
The minReleaseLevel is not pertinent to a rolling upgrade.  The running
daemon is the important part.  So you can't have any 4.1.x nodes in your
cluster and do a rolling upgrade to 5.0.

Also, Aaron, as to the OS support.  This decision was not made without some
angst.  As I mentioned at the user group meeting in NYC...the key point is
that we would like to get to a more current compiler.  This will allow us
to take advantage of newer features and functions and hopefully make the
code better for customers.  SLES 12 has been around for over 2 years.

I hope this helps give some thinking behind the decision.

Steve Duersch
Spectrum Scale
845-433-7902
IBM Poughkeepsie, New York

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Spectrum Scale 5.0 now available on Fix Central
>       (Sobey, Richard A)

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 09:06:08 +0000
> From: "Sobey, Richard A" <r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk>
> To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
> Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 5.0 now available on Fix
>    Central

<DB6PR0601MB2101BA78601B08F6F06469F8DF0F0 at DB6PR0601MB2101.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>

> Hi Robert
>
> Do you mean the minReleaseLevel from mmlsconfig or just making sure
> all the nodes are running 4.2.3?
>
> Cheers!
> Richard

Central