[gpfsug-discuss] SSUG17 wraps

Simon Thompson chair at spectrumscale.org
Thu Dec 14 11:16:05 GMT 2017

Well, our last event of 2017 took place this year at CIUK in Manchester on 12th December. Claire pointed out that it was exactly 7 years since the user group was first formed and we’ve grown significantly since then. There’s now hundreds of subscribers to the mailing list and regular events taking place across the globe.

For those interested in the presentations this year, all the slide decks we have or that have been approved are published on the user group website.

Thanks to all the speakers from both IBM and the user community for speaking at our events!

And finally, we’ve updated the look of our website and changed to something we hope will be a bit easier for use to manage. We’ve made some changes to the navigation to make things easier to find, so please do check out the website and let myself of Claire know directly if you have any comments on this.

We’re also interested in hearing from you if you’d like to write a feature or article for the user group website, perhaps comment on a scale feature you use, or something you’ve struggled with and fixed. Please get in touch if you’d like to do this.

We’re already planning for 2018 events and hope we’ll have a successful year next year.

Simon Thompson

UK Group Chair