[gpfsug-discuss] Working with per-fileset quotas

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Sun Dec 10 01:27:13 GMT 2017

Looking at the default case in a new file system/fileset, if you did an “mmrepquota” you’d see everyone have a default quota of zero. Meaning – any time you set a user/fileset/group quota back to zero, you are removing any trace of the previous quota. On you your specific question - yes, one by one is it, I’m not aware of any other way to do it.

Hard quota set, no soft quota: no grace period
Hard Soft quota set and equal: no grace period
Hard quota set or unset, soft quota set: grace period

The default behavior is no grace period unless soft quota is set, maybe that’s why it’s no displayed?

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance