[gpfsug-discuss] mm'add|del'node with ccr enabled

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Fri Dec 8 16:17:13 GMT 2017

Yes, there were issues with this in pre 4.2? versions of GPFS. My clusters are at 4.2.2 with CCR (working my way to 4.2.3-5) and I’ve been using this process on my quorum nodes when I need to update them:

mmchnode –quorum -N new-node (designate a new quorum node, going from 3 to 4)
mmchnode –nonquorum -N old-node (remove existing node to be updated)

I can then shutdown “old-node” and then when I bring it back up, I reverse the process. I’ve had no issues using this process.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance