[gpfsug-discuss] mm'add|del'node with ccr enabled

J. Eric Wonderley eric.wonderley at vt.edu
Fri Dec 8 16:10:16 GMT 2017

Hello:

If I recall correctly this does not work...correct?  I think the last time
I attempted this was gpfs version <=4.1.  I think I attempted to add a
quorum node.

The process was that I remember doing was mmshutdown -a, mmchcluster
--ccr-disable, mmaddnode yadayada, mmchcluster --ccr-enable, mmstartup.

I think with ccr disabled mmaddnode can be run with gpfs up.  We would like
to run with ccr enabled but it does make adding/removing nodes unpleasant.

Would this be required of a non-quorum node?

Any changes concerning this with gpfs version >=4.2?