[gpfsug-discuss] Working with per-fileset quotas

Keith Ball bipcuds at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:48:49 GMT 2017

Hi All,

In working with per-fileset quotas (not user/group/fileset quotas at the
filesystem level), I have the follwing issues/questions.

1.) Setting grace periods. I notice that some of the group quotas in a
specific fileset have a grace period (or remaining grace period) of X days,
while others report "none":

# mmrepquota -g --block-size G hpc-fs:fileset01
                         Block Limits
|                     File Limits
Name       fileset    type             GB      quota      limit
in_doubt    grace |    files   quota    limit in_doubt    grace
groupa      fileset01 GRP            2257          2          2
0   4 days |      143     100      100        0   4 days
root       fileset01 GRP             710          0          0
0     none |    15578       0        0        0     none
groupb   fileset01 GRP            2106        400        400          0   4
days |        1 1048576  1048576        0     none

How can I set a grace period of "none" on group quotas? mmsetquota does not
appear (from the man pages) to provide any way to set grace periods for
per-fileset quotas:

mmsetquota Device ‐‐grace {user | group | fileset}
           {[‐‐block GracePeriod] [‐‐files GracePeriod]}

How can I set to "none" or "0days"? (i.e. no grace period given if over
quota). Or, for that matter, set grace periods for any duration at all?

2.) How to remove any explicit quota settings for (not just deactivating
default quota settings) at the per-fileset level. The mmdefquotaoff docs
seem to suggest that the “-d” option will not remove explicit per-fileset
quota settings if they are non-zero (so really, what use is the -d option
then?)

Many Thanks!
  Keith