[gpfsug-discuss] Password to GUI forgotten

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Dec 6 21:56:33 GMT 2017

Hi All,

So this is embarrassing to admit but I was playing around with setting up the GPFS GUI on our test cluster earlier this fall.  However, I was gone pretty much the entire month of November for a combination of vacation and SC17 and the vacation was so relaxing that I’ve forgotten the admin password for the GPFS GUI.  :-(

Is there anything I can do to recover from this short of deleting the GPFS GUI related RPM’s, re-installing, and starting over from scratch?  If that’s what I have to do, it’s no big deal as this is just our little 6-node test cluster, but I thought I’d ask before going down that route.

Oh, and if someone has a way to accomplish this that they’d rather not share in a public mailing list for any reason, please feel free to e-mail me directly, let me know, and I won’t tell if you won’t tell (and hopefully Michael Flynn won’t tell either!)…. ;-)

Thanks…

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633