[gpfsug-discuss] CES and local workstations

Mark Bush Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com
Tue Dec 5 22:43:35 GMT 2017

I have a windows 10 machine that is part of my local domain.  I have a separate SpecScale test cluster that has local (not part of my AD domain) ldap and CES (NFS/SMB) running.  I cannot get my local workstation to connect to a SMB share at all.  When I get the logon prompt I'm using IBM NAS\Administrator and the password for that user but it never lets me in.  Is this just defaulting to regular linux SAMBA authentication mechanisms at this point?  Of is the SAMBA code in the gpfs packages unique somehow in this?  I've confirmed that my mmuserauth service appears correct and that ldap is working properly. Any clues?

Frustrated.

Mark