[gpfsug-discuss] Again! Using IBM Spectrum Scale could lead to data loss

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 24 13:56:49 BST 2017

Thanks Felipe, and everything you said makes sense and I think holds
true to my experiences concerning different workloads affecting
likelihood of hitting various problems (especially being one of only a
handful of sites that hit that 301 SGpanic error from several years
back). Perhaps language as subtle as "internal testing revealed" vs
"based on reports from customer sites" could be used? But then again I
imagine you could encounter a case where you discover something in
testing that a customer site subsequently experiences which might limit
the usefulness of the wording. I still think it's useful to know if an
issue has been exacerbated or triggered by in the wild workloads vs what
I imagine to be quite rigorous lab testing perhaps deigned to shake out
certain bugs.

-Aaron