[gpfsug-discuss] NFS4 ACLs and umask on GPFS

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 8 20:28:31 BST 2017

Yes, that is the intended behavior.  As in the section on traditional ACLs
that you found, the intent is that if there is a default/inherited ACL, the
object is created with that (and if there is no default/inherited ACL, then
the mode and umask are the basis for the initial set of permissions).

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.