[gpfsug-discuss] data integrity documentation

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Wed Aug 2 19:38:13 BST 2017

> No guarantee...unless you are using ess/gss solution.
ok, so crappy network == corrupt data? hmmm, that is really a pity on
2017...

> Crappy network will get you loads of expels and occasional fscks.  Which I
> guess beats data loss and recovery from backup.
if only we had errors like that. with the current issue mmfsck is the
only tool that seems to trigger them (and setting some of the nsdChksum
config flags reports checksum errors in the log files). but nsdperf with
verify=on reports nothing.

> YOu probably have a network issue...they can be subtle.  Gpfs is a very
> extremely thorough network tester.
we know ;)

stijn