[gpfsug-discuss] NFS issues

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Apr 27 00:44:44 BST 2017

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:20:30 -0000, "Simon Thompson (IT Research Support)" said:

> We can't see in any of the logs WHY ganesha is going into grace. Any
> suggestions on how to debug this further? (I.e. If we can stop the grace
> issues, we can solve the problem mostly).

After over 3 decades of experience with 'exportfs' being totally safe to
run in real time with both userspace and kernel NFSD implementations, it came
as quite a surprise when we did 'mmnfs eport change --nfsadd='...

and it bounced the NFS server on all 4 protocol nodes.  At the same time.

Fortunately for us, the set of client nodes only changes once every 2-3 months.