[gpfsug-discuss] Maximum NSD size

Sven Oehme oehmes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:25:40 BST 2016

the limit you see above is NOT the max NSD limit for Scale/GPFS, its rather
the limit of the NSD size you can add to this Filesystems pool.
depending on which version of code you are running, we limit the maximum
size of a NSD that can be added to a pool so you don't have mixtures of
lets say 1 TB and 100 TB disks in one pool as this will negatively affect
performance. in older versions we where more restrictive than in newer
versions.

Sven