[gpfsug-discuss] Blocksize

J. Eric Wonderley eric.wonderley at vt.edu
Thu Sep 22 20:07:30 BST 2016

It defaults to 4k:
mmlsfs testbs8M -i
flag                value                    description
 -i                 4096                     Inode size in bytes

I think you can make as small as 512b.   Gpfs will store very small files
in the inode.

Typically you want your average file size to be your blocksize and your
filesystem has one blocksize and one inodesize.