[gpfsug-discuss] filesystem thresholds in gui alerting

Stefan Schmidt stschmid at de.ibm.com
Wed Oct 26 16:14:27 BST 2016

Hi Jan-Frode Myklebust,

The current GUI-internal logic has a hard coded warning level of 80% and
an hard-coded error level of 90%.

With 4.2.2 the system health monitoring will have thresholds set and
monitored via ZIMON and the system health
component will provide events. With 4.2.2 those can be changed with an mm
command.

In general it is not a good idea to let a filesystem get loaded 100%. It
could be, if this is done with the filesystem used by the system to store
some configuration data, that the system can run into an error (usually
this is the filesystem we call gpfs0).

I suggest you get the 4.2.2 version which will GA quite soon. I have to
apologize that I'm not allowed to talk about GA dates. If you want to get
this feature earlier you may contact IBM and ask for participation on the
beta program which starts very soon but the beta code is usually limited
to non productive systems.

As said , ask your IBM contact for the 4.2.2 GA update ( hopefully GA is
soon) and you can get this feature you are looking for.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Schmidt

Scrum Master IBM Spectrum Scale GUI / Senior IT Architect/PMP®-Dept. M069
/ IBM Spectrum Scale Software Development
IBM Systems Group
IBM Deutschland

Phone:
+49-703 4274 1966
 IBM Deutschland

 Am Weiher 24
E-Mail:
stschmid at de.ibm.com
 65421 Kelsterbach

 Germany

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294