[gpfsug-discuss] Forcing which node gets expelled?

Matt Thorpe matt.thorpe at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 13:05:36 BST 2016

Hi,

We are in the process of diagnosing a networking issue that is causing 2 of our 6 node GPFS cluster to expel each other (it appears they experience a temporary network connection outage and lose contact with each other).  At present it's not consistent which gets expelled by the cluster manager, and I wondered if there was any way to always force a specific node to be expelled in this situation?

Thanks and best regards,
Matt

--------
Matt Thorpe  |  BDLSS Systems Administrator
Bodleian Libraries Osney One Building, Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0EW
matt.thorpe at bodleian.ox.ac.uk  |  01865 (2)80027