[gpfsug-discuss] Using AFM to migrate within the same cluster

Scott Fadden sfadden at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 17:57:33 BST 2016

Yes you can use AFM to move data within a cluster. If you are using the
NSD protocol the target needs to be a separate file system, if you are
using NFS it needs to be an NFS export.

Scott Fadden
Spectrum Scale - Technical Marketing
Phone: (503) 880-5833
sfadden at us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/systems/storage/spectrum/scale

From:   Eric Horst <erich at uw.edu>
To:     gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   10/24/2016 09:17 AM
Subject:        [gpfsug-discuss] Using AFM to migrate within the same
cluster
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

The recent conversation about AFM has been interesting. I've read the
documentation several times and this is my question. Can AFM be used
to migrate between two filesystems in the same cluster? There are
examples of moving between clusters with NFS or native protocol but
I've got a simple situation of needing to transparently move 100M
files between two existing filesystems.

Thanks,

-Eric

--