[gpfsug-discuss] Using AFM to migrate files. (Peter Childs) (Peter Childs) - URL encoding for pathnames

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 10:44:19 BST 2016

Loic,

mmafmctl prefecth expects encoded list file, and it is not documented
correctly.  Issues like memory leak, file descriptor leak, and fileset
going into Unmounted state were fixed in later releases (4.2.1/4.2.2). All
your points are correct with respect to AFM migration. There is manual
intervention required. Also prefetch does not give list of files which
were failed during data read. Users need to run policy to find all
uncached files today.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)