[gpfsug-discuss] Two new whitepapers published

Andreas Landhäußer alandhae at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 08:31:43 BST 2016

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Laurence Horrocks-Barlow <laurence at qsplace.co.uk> wrote:

Found it!

thanks Yuri, for the two very interesting papers about the Metadata and
replication.

We always used the rule of thumb 5% for metadata, since we are having
separate devices for metadata, and tiny fast disks aren't available
anymore, we are getting a bunch of larger fast disks. We never experienced
a problem with the (more or less) amount of metadata ...

 	Andreas